Wednesday, August 28, 2013

HUMP DAY SLUMP DAY

Still have three paintings  to complete that are still in that :"getting there  mode".  People think abstract art is easy, but it really takes a lot of thought and consideration, considering color choices , shape, and where to place marks and brush strokes.  With a realism piece you sort of have a better idea of when something will be finished, because your following a road map  which is either a photo or live reference or in some cases a visual memory, but with abstract there is no road map.  So I am now at the point where the fun work has really become work work. Yes I meant to write it twice because thats how it feels.  I'm feeling a bit hammered after am impromptu 3 a..m. to daybreak painting session, but at least i am further along now than yesterday.  Normally if I had  a few more weeks I would just stop at this point , let it rest and start some other projects, but time is ticking away and they have to be ready in a few days.